Thursday, February 18, 2010
Source (A study by AOL Advertising & Cheskin: Why and how are Hispanics using the internet in their daily lives?)
Contrary to common stereotypes, the most acculturated Hispanics are not necessarily the most technologically savvy. The data shows that Hispanics are indeed early adopters.
If you are looking to connect with today's Latino audience, look no further than the ongoing conversations that are taking place all over the internet. Acculturation is an important factor to consider but not necessarily a determinant of technical ability.
Your comments are welcome.
Thursday, February 11, 2010
Here are his 10 tips for using content to effectively reach online Hispanics:
1. Don't be afraid of the social Internet; embrace it
2. Develop clear goals and objectives upfront
3. Establish a voice and develop guidelines to ensure it is always consistent
4. Ensure that all content provides value to your target audience
5. Don't be afraid to test out different things
6. Make sure content is engaging, stimulating a conversation
7. Create an agile process, including legal approvals
8. Make sure your content is social media-optimized to maximize sharing
9. Avoid using regional Spanish when engaging to national Hispanic audiences
10. Be consistent when using the formal "usted" and informal "tu" forms in Spanish